Avoid Chronic Back Pain With These Simple Solutions
Chronic back pain costs over $90 billion a year in medical and non-medical expenses, in addition to the 60 million Americans who are diagnosed every 90 days. The good news is that our Lithia Springs Chiropractors can help. Consider the following information that highlights a few simple, natural solutions for reducing chronic back pain.
Treat Chronic Back Pain Naturally
Instead of resorting to painkillers or medications that treat the symptoms of chronic back pain instead of the source, try these solutions instead.
- Chiropractic Adjustments: Chiropractic is a proven method for treating chronic back pain and does not contain any adverse side effects. Regular adjustments can improve function and support a healthy structure without exposing yourself to the potential risks of medications or surgery.
- Focus On Your Core: Exercising several times a week and focusing on your core muscles has a significant effect on reducing chronic back pain. Your core is responsible for absorbing much of the weight and stress your body is exposed to on a daily basis. Maintaining a healthy, stable core helps diminish the amount of strain that’s applied to your back muscles. Consider heading to your local yoga studio or adding pilates to your existing regiment.
- Don’t Rely on Braces or Belts: If you are given a back brace or tend to rely on belts to keep your back in place, it’s important to not completely to rely on these devices. Overuse can weaken your core muscles and add more strain to areas that are already in pain. Instead, work with a Chiropractor to identify and treat the source of your back pain, not the symptoms.
- Maintain Healthy Posture Throughout The Day: Your posture helps support a healthy alignment within your spine, removes stress from your ligaments, and helps prevent strain. Although the demands of your environment may make it difficult not to slouch, ask your Chiropractor for tips that help you maintain a healthy, correct stance throughout the day.
- Substitute Ice and Heat: Temperature therapy can help reduce chronic back pain when used appropriately. Ice helps address inflammation after an injury occurs, while heat helps loosen up constricted joints.
- Purchase A New Mattress: If your current mattress is too worn out in some areas and too stiff in others, it may be time to order a new bed. Ideally, you should buy a new mattress every ten years to avoid waking up stiff and in pain.
Contact AICA Lithia Springs For Help Treating Chronic Back Pain
AICA Lithia Springs specializes in treating chronic back pain and other chronic conditions. In fact, we have helped thousands of patients overcome painful conditions over the last two decades using natural treatment solutions that are free of adverse side effects. To learn how our Chiropractors can help you overcome chronic back pain, dial (404) 602-0388 to schedule a free consultation or a same-day examination.